Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Something to Share

I want to show you what I've been working on all summer long:


(Scroll down)






(Keep scrolling!)






(A little more)





Yep, that's right! My husband and I are expecting our first child! We are so excited -- more than words can say. We've had two miscarriages this past year, so seeing a healthy baby at our 12-week ultrasound was amazing! And check out this 3D picture:
A little alien-looking, yes, but still cute! To announce my big news at work, I hung this by our time clock:
If you can't read it, it says, "I might wear pink, I might wear blue. My mommy's a teacher. Do you know who?"
And to announce to my family, I sent an e-mail that said, "Dan and I have been doing some remodeling again. What do you think?" And then I attached these photos to the e-mail:
 
Neither of those is my current stomach. For the first one I was sucking in and for the second one I was puffing out. I'm somewhere in the middle. Anyway, our baby is due March 8th! Sorry this post isn't about a real craft, but I thought some of you might like to know!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!

Nancy said...

We are so excited for you and can't wait to pass some baby stuff on!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sorry you have had to deal with losses; I have had two myself. But it is always wonderful to see a healthy baby!

Carrie said...

What fabulous news!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you and will keep all of you in my prayers!!

skubby1@aol.com said...

Congratulations to both of you. I also had a miscarriage so I know how exactly you felt. I truly believe things happen for a reason the good Lord has a plan for each of us. I went on to have two beautiful sons. You guys are going to be an awesome Mother and father. Also please tell your husband thank you very much for his courageous service to our country. My husband was in the USAF for 21 years and has since retired. I just love your blog. My preschoolers just love all the ideas I get from your site. Keep up the good work, you truly inspire us all. God Bless. Mrs. Valerie of Happy Days Preschool in CA

karry said...

I read your blog because I love your beautiful ideas and I just read this beautiful new! Congratulations and the best wishes from your greek fun :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and love your fabulous ideas and they way you share with everyone! Congratulations! I am so sorry for you and your husbands other losses. I will keep you and your unborn child in my prayers. Children are gift from God. You and your husband will be wonderful parents!

Betsy said...

Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and prayers!!