Monday, March 11, 2013

Painting with Peeps

Well, I'm still waiting for this baby to make her appearance, so in the meantime I thought I'd try out a new way to paint: with Peeps!
So I bought a couple boxes of peeps, mixed up some paint and let the kids paint with them however they wanted.


If you use the bunnies you could have a cute bunny stamp, but I like that the head of the chick was a little handle for the kids to hold. So this was more of an abstract art project. Some kids used it like a stamp,


and some smeared it around.

I noticed a couple things while the kids were painting. The peeps left a little sugar behind,
which was actually very cool. Some parts even dried shiny. Also, the pink peep turned the yellow paint orange!
The kids loved that. It was a very fun activity that I hope to do again!
4/3/15 UPDATE: We added bunny peeps to make prints this year and they are so cute!

4 comments:

Julian Levi said...

I love this amusing colorful post... thanks for sharing.
outdoor games for children

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I'm anxiously awaiting baby news!! :) With that being said, I know your anxiousness is about a million times more than mine! Haha Sending thoughts and prayers that all goes well for you and the baby.

Kamp said...

Did any peeps get eaten?

Betsy said...

Kamp, no peeps were eaten during the activity, thankfully. However, the kids did get a clean one after lunch!