Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Simple Banana Treat

Since I turned my kids into monkeys for the week, I thought we should have a banana snack! Today was our swimming day, so we didn't have a lot of time to make something. This banana treat is so incredibly easy! First I poured some cookie sprinkles into bowls.
Then I cut bananas in half and stuck a popsicle stick into each one. I was planning on having the kids just dip their bananas into the sugar, but I was worried the banana would fall off the stick or get smashed. So, after all the kids washed their hands really well, they picked up the sugar with their fingers and sprinkled it over their bananas.

That's it!
We made sure to make these right before lunch so the bananas wouldn't turn brown before we had a chance to eat them. I know it might seem silly to take a healthy snack and add some sugar, but the kids gobbled them up with their lunch!
To go along with our banana snack, I read The Boy Who Loved Bananas by George Elliott.
After seeing monkeys at the zoo, Matthew eats nothing but bananas. Pretty much all day, every day. Soon he starts feeling a little bit funny. Does he turn into a monkey? Read the book to find out!

No comments: