Friday, September 27, 2013

Seasonal Trees

We discussed the four seasons this week and did a little project every day to go along with each season.
We used large white construction paper and I divided it into four sections. In the top left box, I wrote "Fall" in dotted lines so the kids could trace it.
Then they drew a tree and used Q-tips dipped in paint to add colorful leaves.
The next day they made a winter tree by gluing on cotton balls to the branches and on the ground for snow.
When we discussed spring, they again drew a tree and added scrunched up pink tissue squares dipped in glue to the branches to make flower buds.
And finally they made a summer tree by using corks dipped in green paint.
I love how they turned out. I was originally thinking of using a template to make the trees and just have the kids color them in. But by having them each draw their own trees made the project more personalized and special.


One boy made really small trees and they reminded me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. So cute!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, I love these, Betsy!! I hope you will stop by and share them at Sharing Saturday!

Maro Oikonomou said...

They are so pretty! I love them!